Why did you apply to The Young Academy of Sweden?
- Because I want to contribute to making Swedish academic research stronger and more inclusive, says Alison Gerber.
Alison Gerber's research wants to help us understand the processes that make us believe our eyes (or not) when we encounter new types of images.
The Young Academy of Sweden is an independent platform that aims at giving younger researchers a stronger voice in the policy debate and facilitates their efforts to contribute to a better research system and society. With a broad representation from various research fields and universities, research policy proposals, international cooperation, and outreach activities are developed.
YAS' new members
- Adel Daoud, Associate Professor in analytical sociology at Linköping University, and, Affiliated Associate Professor in data science and AI at Chalmers University of Technology
- Cecilia Engdahl, Associated Professor in experimental autoimmunity at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg
- Alison Gerber, Assistant Professor in sociology at Lund University
- Jessica Jewell, Associate Professor in energy transformation at Chalmers University of Technology
- Andreas Nord, Associate Professor in biology, particularly ecological physiology, at Lund University
- Elham B. Rostami, Neurosurgeon, Associate Professor in neurosurgery at Uppsala University
Learn more on the Department of Sociology Swedish website.
Alison Gerber's personal profile in the Lund University Research Portal.