Research project Show & Tell looking for research interns
Internship within a current research project at the Department of Sociology in Lund. For students of the Department’s Master's programmes (internship courses SOCN20 and SOCN21).
The research project "Show & Tell" is looking for one or two research interns for the autumn semester 2023.
Internship, research projects at the Department of Sociology in Lund. For students of the Department’s Master’s programmes (internship courses SOCN20 and SOCN21).
Show & Tell: Scientific representation, algorithmically generated visualizations, and evidence across epistemic cultures is a five-year project focused on new kinds of imagery as they move between professions. The project emphasises new digital methods for the documentation, analysis, and visualization of physical places with a focus on their movements between academic research, police and forensic work, and courtrooms. The project team includes postdoctoral researchers and a PhD student. You can find more information about the project on soc.lu.se/en/showandtell.
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in a social scientific or related discipline.
- Candidates should have experience with qualitative research methods and strong analytical skills.
- Preference given to candidates with a strong interest in working with sociological research after leaving their MA program, either in or outside of academia.
- Preference given to candidates who speak English well.
- Preference given to candidates who aim to incorporate internship activities into their thesis work.
- Strong preference given to candidates involved in the Department’s internship courses (e.g., SOCN20/21) or in other structured, required internship courses, as this is an unpaid internship.
What does the internship involve?
Interns might collect or analyze data or review literature either individually or in collaboration with one or more members of the project team. Attendance at and contribution to regular project meetings is required.
Starting autumn 2022. 30 credit autumn semester internships only.
The Department of Sociology in Lund.
How to apply
Send a letter of introduction (max two A4 pages) and a writing sample to Alison Gerber at alison [dot] gerber [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se. Your letter of introduction should describe who you are, your goals for the internship, and what you hope to gain from the internship. The writing sample can be, for example, a recent course paper.
Last application date
31 March, 2023
Person responsible for the research project: alison [dot] gerber [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se. Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have before applying.
If you have general questions about internships at the Department of Sociology, you are welcome to contact Axel Fredholm at axel [dot] fredholm [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se .