Methods and Social Analysis, 15 credits
Sociologi: Metod och samhällsanalys, 15 högskolepoäng
The course intends to provide advanced knowledge in sociological method with a special focus on a selection of quantitative and qualitative research traditions.
The course consists of two components. It starts with a more theoretical part where methodology, investigatory techniques and research traditions are treated. Thereafter, a more practical part follows, where the students choose to specialise in two research traditions and carry out empirical studies in accordance with these.
The teaching consists of lectures, group discussions, supervision and seminars. Participation in group discussions and semiars are compulsory.
The course is compulsory course within the master´s programme in sociology, SASCO, is offered as a selective course within the master's programme in Social Anthropology, SASAN, and is also offered as a single subject course.
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus G The Department of Sociology
- House/Hus H Eden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus M The Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus P The Department of Psychology
- House/Hus R Gamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIB The Social Sciences Faculty Library
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!