Sociology: Classical and Contemporary Theory
Sociologi: Klassisk och modern teori, 15 högskolepoäng
The course intends to give an advanced understanding of classical and modern sociological theory. Strong emphasis is placed on the reading of original texts, as well as on the comparison of different sociological concepts and theorising. Further it is sought to display sociological theories' relevance for an understanding of the general processes of change that characterise modern societies.
The teaching consists of lectures, group discussions, supervision and seminars. Group discussions and seminars are compulsory.
The course is a compulsory course within the master´s programme in Sociology SASCO and is also offered as a single subject course.
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus G The Department of Sociology
- House/Hus H Eden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus M The Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus P The Department of Psychology
- House/Hus R Gamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIB The Social Sciences Faculty Library
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!