Development and Social Welfare Policies
(Sociologi: Välfärds- och utvecklingssociologi)
The course focuses on global social policy and social welfare within the contemporary development paradigm. It critically analyzes contemporary social policy and welfare deficits, and ways in which they are produced and reproduced in developing countries through governance structures and agencies of development. It also considers the problem of inequality and the future prospects of poverty alleviation and empowerment within the ideological framework of social policy at supranational level.
Students will be utilizing an analytical approach that gives capacity to understand and critically examine the opportunities and obstacles of welfare policies and their association with key actors, ideology, trends and processes at global level. The course is given as a basic level course within sociology. The language of instruction is English.
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus G The Department of Sociology
- House/Hus H Eden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus M The Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus P The Department of Psychology
- House/Hus R Gamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIB The Social Sciences Faculty Library
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!