Education, Culture and Lifestyle in Sweden
A course for exchange students only.
The course aims to promote basic knowledge and understanding of heterogeneous modern Swedish society through the study of education, culture and lifestyles i Sweden. Cultural development in Sweden, including the development of the educational system during the last century, is introduced and discussed.
The diversity of cultural patterns in different learning contexts - home, school, work, media, gender relations, intercultural settings - are described, analysed and compared. How does culture create meaning for its members and how are values interpreted by immigrants and visitors?
New conditions for learning and present concerns (equality, immigration, the European dimension, globalisation and sustainable development) create new lifestyles which are discussed within the framework of a multicultural society with its current problems and possibilities.
Please contact the International office
E-mail: incoming [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus G The Department of Sociology
- House/Hus H Eden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus M The Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus P The Department of Psychology
- House/Hus R Gamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIB The Social Sciences Faculty Library
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!