The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Exchange students leaving Sweden

Students at the Department of Sociology, Lund University can spend up to one academic year of their undergraduate or master degree at a partner university in Europe or in another part of the world. 

There are exchange agreements on three different levels. On the department level, on the faculty level and on the university level.

Most of the places under these agreements are announced for application through the common system Link, in February-March and September-October. However, sometimes places may also be announced directly by one of the levels, so it is worth checking their home pages regularly.

General information about exchange studies is only given at general information meetings. For more specific questions, contact the Faculty International Office: e-mail: incoming [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se

It is up to the individual student to find courses at the university where they want to study. To be sure that the courses can be used in your degree at Lund university, contact your study advisor (studievägledare).



Applicants for a study period at partner universities of the Department of Sociology are required to have studied at least one academic year at Lund University and to be an active student at the department.


Faculty International Office:

E-mail: incoming [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se