The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Funding for research environments

Instructions for use of funding for the research environments

The Department of Sociology makes 20k SEK available for each of our research environments for the year.

This can be used for:

  • Travel expenses and accommodation when you invite scholars from other universities in the Nordic countries or the rest of Europe to give a talk, seminar, or collaborate with the environment in other ways.
  • Arranging a mini-conference at the department.

Please note that it is important to be in agreement among the active members of your research environment – senior and junior ones – about whom to invite, and that the department values diversity. Please make it a habit to invite the whole department when you have an invited guest who gives a talk.

Please use one of the following “cost strings” in LUPIN

Forsk miljö SSST-253075.21.146271
Forsk miljo CCC-253075.21.146930
Forsk miljö FAMIW-253075.21.146931
Forsk miljö CS-253075.21.146932
Forsk miljö antropologi-253075.21.146934

Booking a trip for your guest

When you invite someone from another university as above, this is the ticket routine:

  1. Prior to the event, one person in the research environment acts as "host".
  2. This host contacts the invited person to email you the exact roundtrip information (departures & arrivals) that they prefer + full name + email address & mobile phone number. Please note that you should tell your guest to choose to travel by train, if possible.
  3. The host then orders (beställer) the trip via the self-booking system Cytric. For more complex trips, the host forwards the information to BCD Travel at lu [at] bcdtravel [dot] se, or via phone at +46 8 505 461 12.

NB! The host has to be authorized to make travel reservations. You apply for this in Lucat. For help, please send an email to info [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se.

If you need help with booking the trip for your guest, please send an email to info [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se.

External representation

Representation (sometimes called entertainment) is a collective term for activities conducted to promote the University that involves food, drink, gifts and suchlike. External representation is aimed at external parties and is intended to initiate or develop important cooperation for the organisation.

Kindly note that if you invite guests for a meal, there must be a balance between external and internal persons. However, with only one guest, the department can pay for one guest and two internal persons. Alcohol should be avoided for lunch, but for dinners, one glass per person can be reimbursed.

When the department invites a guest for dinner at a restaurant external representation applies which means that an invoice needs to be sent to Lund university, Box 188, 221 00 Lund.

Restaurants in Lund that are known to send invoices are the following; Mat & Destillat i Lund, Skissernas, Hotell och Restaurang AB Grand, Kryddhyllan i Lund AB, Klostergatans vin och delikatess, Nai Otto AB.

Note it is perfectly fine if you wish to find a different restaurant to eat at that as well can send an invoice.

Funding limitations  

Please note that the funding cannot be used for:

  • Honoraria for people whom you invite
  • Financial compensation for tasks done by people in the research environment

Please also note that all activities, within each research environment, need to be limited to 20k SEK per year.