Master's programmes at the Department of Sociology
A master's programme lasts 2 years (120 credits) and leads to a degree of Master of Science (MSc). Some master's programmes are thematic which means that you specialize in a particular field. Others contain more choice and make it possible for you to steer the focus of the programme.
To be eligible for a master's programme you must have a bachelor's degree.
Our own English Master's programmes
- Cultural Criminology (SACCR) (link to lunduniversity.lu.se). Or more on SACCR here on soc.lu.se
- Sociology (SASCO) (link to lunduniversity.lu.se)
- Social Anthropology (SASAN) (link to lunduniversity.lu.se)
Master's programmes in collaboration
Master's programmes in English in collaboration with other departments:
- Development Studies (choice of major at our dep: social anthropology or sociology)
- Global Studies (choice of major at our dep: social anthropology or sociology)
- Social Studies of Gender (choice of major at our dep: social anthropology or sociology)
- Welfare Policies and Management Programme (WPM) (choice of major at our dep: sociology)
Don't forget to apply by 15 January!
You need to apply for our English Master's programmes through "International admissions". This means that you must apply for all of the above programmes in the period October-January in order to begin a programme the following autumn.
Learn more about international admissions and find a list of important dates at universityadmissions.se