Structure of the programme SASCO
The Master's programme in Sociology (SASCO)
The courses are studied in the following order:
- Classical and Contemporary Theory, 15 credits (SOCN03)
- Methods and Social Analysis, 15 credits (SOCN06)
- Modern Classics, 15 credits (SOCN04)
- Ethnography in Social Science, 15 credits (SANN04)
Selected courses in theory of science and research methods, 15 credits (go to Graduate School's website for more info)
If you are taking the one year master's programme:
- Internship (SOCN18 or 19) or Studies abroad (30 credits) or Elective courses of relevance to the programme (30 credits) (Ethnographic fieldwork SANN15, 15 credits, can be included as an elective course).
Please note: the programme offers you the possibility to apply for a double degree with Fudan University in Shanghai or National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv. A double degree means that you get two degrees within the two years of studies, one degree from Lund University and one from Fudan University or National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv. For more information please contact our Study Advisers: studievagledare [at] soc [dot] lu [dot] se.