Development and Social Welfare Policies
Undergraduate course. 15 credits. Sociology. Spring.
SOCB28 Sociology: Development and Social Welfare Policies.
(Sociologi: Välfärds- och utvecklingssociologi)
The course focuses on global social policy and social welfare within the contemporary development paradigm. It critically analyzes contemporary social policy and welfare deficits, and ways in which they are produced and reproduced in developing countries through governance structures and agencies of development.
It also considers the problem of inequality and the future prospects of poverty alleviation and empowerment within the ideological framework of social policy at supranational level.
As a student on this course you will make use of an analytical approach that gives the capacity to understand and critically examine the opportunities and obstacles of welfare policies and their association with key actors, ideology, trends and processes at global level.
The course is given as a basic level course within sociology. The language of instruction is English.
Schedule, literature and syllabus
- Use your course code to search for your schedule in TimeEdit.
- Find the course's literature list and syllabus here
Learning platform and information
Our courses and programmes are connected to the learning platform Canvas, where teachers and students communicate with each other and upload information.
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus GThe Department of Sociology
- House/Hus HEden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus MThe Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus PThe Department of Psychology
- House/Hus RGamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIBThe Social Sciences Faculty Library
- Palaestra et OdeumAddress: Paradisgatan 4, Lund
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!