Education, Culture and Lifestyle in Sweden
Undergraduate course. 7,5 credits. Education. Autumn/Spring.
SASA20 Education, Culture and Lifestyle in Sweden, 7.5 credits
A course for exchange students only.
The course aims to promote basic knowledge and understanding of heterogeneous modern Swedish society through the study of education, culture and lifestyles i Sweden. Cultural development in Sweden, including the development of the educational system during the last century, is introduced and discussed.
The diversity of cultural patterns in different learning contexts - home, school, work, media, gender relations, intercultural settings - are described, analysed and compared. How does culture create meaning for its members and how are values interpreted by immigrants and visitors?
New conditions for learning and present concerns (equality, immigration, the European dimension, globalisation and sustainable development) create new lifestyles which are discussed within the framework of a multicultural society with its current problems and possibilities.
Schedule, literature and syllabus
- Use your course code to search for your schedule in TimeEdit.
- Find the course's literature list and syllabus here
Learning platform and information
Our courses and programmes are connected to the learning platform Canvas, where teachers and students communicate with each other and upload information.
Please contact the International office
E-mail: incoming [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus GThe Department of Sociology
- House/Hus HEden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus MThe Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus PThe Department of Psychology
- House/Hus RGamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIBThe Social Sciences Faculty Library
- Palaestra et OdeumAddress: Paradisgatan 4, Lund
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!