Social Anthropology: Theory and Method
Advanced level Master course. 15 credits. Social Anthropology. Autumn.
SANN03, Social Anthropology: Theory and Method Course, 15 credits (Socialantropologi: Teori- och metodkurs)
The aim of the course is to provide students with specialised knowledge of the theories and subject matter of social anthropology through focusing on a specific area and the issues, methods and theories of social anthropology associated with it. The course consists of a detailed study of a delimited area within social anthropology, integrating theoretical and methodological aspects This means that studies of the theories and methods of social anthropology of importance to the chosen area will be pursued.
The teaching consists of lectures, supervision, seminars and exercises. Compulsory components may be included.
The course is a compulsory course within the master´s programme in Social Anthropology SASAN and is also offered as a stand alone course.
Schedule, literature and syllabus
- Use your course code to search for your schedule in TimeEdit.
- Find the course's literature list and syllabus here
Learning platform and information
Our courses and programmes are connected to the learning platform Canvas, where teachers and students communicate with each other and upload information.
Go to https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/lubas/i-uoh-lu-SANN03 to apply for this course. You will also find information about entry requirements, tuition fees and more.
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus GThe Department of Sociology
- House/Hus HEden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus MThe Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus PThe Department of Psychology
- House/Hus RGamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIBThe Social Sciences Faculty Library
- Palaestra et OdeumAddress: Paradisgatan 4, Lund
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!