Sociology: Classical and Contemporary Theory
Advanced level Master Course. 15 credits. Sociology. AUTUMN.
SOCN03, Sociology: Classical and Contemporary Theory, 15 credits
(Sociologi: Klassisk och modern teori)
The course intends to give an advanced understanding of classical and modern sociological theory. Strong emphasis is placed on the reading of original texts, as well as on the comparison of different sociological concepts and theorising. Further it is sought to display sociological theories' relevance for an understanding of the general processes of change that characterise modern societies.
The teaching consists of lectures, group discussions, supervision and seminars. Group discussions and seminars are compulsory.
The course is a compulsory course within the master´s programme in Sociology SASCO and is also offered as a stand alone course.
Schedule, literature and syllabus
- Use your course code to search for your schedule in TimeEdit.
- Find the course's literature list and syllabus here
Learning platform and information
Our courses and programmes are connected to the learning platform Canvas, where teachers and students communicate with each other and upload information.
Go to https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/lubas/i-uoh-lu-SOCN03 to apply for this course. You will also find information about entry requirements, tuition fees and more.
Find your building in the area "Paradiset"
- House/Hus GThe Department of Sociology
- House/Hus HEden, The Department of Political Science
- House/Hus MThe Sociology of Law Department and The Department of Gender Studies
- House/Hus PThe Department of Psychology
- House/Hus RGamla Kirurgen, The Faculty of Social Sciences and Graduate School
- SAMBIBThe Social Sciences Faculty Library
- Palaestra et OdeumAddress: Paradisgatan 4, Lund
What does "hus" mean?
Hus is Swedish for House. And "rum" means "room". Look for these words on your schedule to find your way to class!