All eight faculties at Lund University offer third cycle studies, including the Faculty of Social Sciences. Research studies are an important part of the University’s mandate and responsibility, and as a doctoral student – as research students are called – you are an important part of research at Lund University.
The Department of Sociology runs research studies in the subjects of sociology, social anthropology and education. Around thirty doctoral students work at the department and we normally admit new doctoral students once a year. For more information on research studies, consult the Handbook.
When there is a PhD-position open, you will find information at Lund University's web page for Online Job Vacancies.
David Wästerfors, Director of Research Studies
Current PhD-courses at the department
PhD-courses given at the Department of Sociology Spring 2018
- Relational Sociology, Modern Theory 7,5 credits (syllabus)
Relational Sociology, Modern Theory 7,5 credits (lesson plan)
Reading PhD-courses at the department
- Constructionism, Ethnomethodology and Institutional Ethnography
- Reconstructing Constructionalism
- On Concepts
- Minor Classics from Sociological Criminology and Deviance
- Sociologal Criminology: Crime, Deviance, And Criminals
- Social Control