The Sociology and Social Anthropology Seminar Series
Inviting international and national researchers to discuss on-going research
Within the Sociology and Social Anthropology Seminar Series we invite international and national researchers to present and discuss on-going research. The seminars are usually held on Thursday afternoons at 3.00 pm. Each presenter talks for about half an hour, followed by 30 minutes of discussion.
Time: 3-5 PM
Place: The Department of Sociology, Sandgatan 11, House G, Lund. Conference Room 1 (G355).
- 11 May, note the different time 12:00-13:00: Caroline de la Porte, Copenhagen Business School (in collaboration with FAMIW)
- 12 May: Sam Friedman, London School of Economics
- 19 May: Vanessa May, Department of Sociology, Manchester University “Temporal relationality and migration in the context of ageing”
- 24 May Swethaa Ballakrishnen, University of California, Irvine “Gender Parity and Selective Mobility among India’s Professional Elite”
- 2 June: Lois Presser, University of Tennesse "How to Analyze Discursive Absences, and Why You Would"
- 14 June: Jonathan Metzl, Vanderbilt University, “Dying of Whiteness”